- These Regulations deal with transfers on current currency non trade operations, which are performed pursuant to the Power of Attorney and in favour of individuals, in particular:
- o Regulations on transfer by non banking financial institutions authorized by banks and national operators of post communication (hereinafter – banks) on instruction by individuals – residents and non residents (hereinafter - transfers) in Ukraine and abroad;
- o Regulation on payment by the banks transfers from abroad and in Ukraine to individuals – residents and non residents.
- To the transfers of individuals on current currency non trade operations belong:
- To pay costs of foreign courts, investigation bodies, notary and other authorities (including tax, collection and other duties), costs to foreign attorneys in case of initiation of proceeding abroad where the plaintiff or respondent is physical entity;
- To pay costs on medical treatment in hospitals of the other state, as well as on transport;
- To pay educational and training costs in other state, tests and other similar costs;
- participation in international symposium, seminars, conferences, congresses, exhibitions, fairs, cultural and sport events, as well in international meetings that take place in the foreign countries costs;
- to pay costs on purchase literature, subscription publications published abroad;
- to pay tax (duties) for the activity connected with protection of rights on objects of intellectual property, including services provided to the authorities of the pother states, as well as patent agency services abroad;
- to pay costs connected wit death of the citizens abroad (transport and bury costs);
- to pay agreement services (insurance polices, certificates) life certificates concluded with non residents with existence of individual license by National Bank of Ukraine (hereinafter NBU bank), received pursuant to the order stipulated by NBU;
- to pay production, work, services, intellectual property rights received from non residents abroad for own needs;
- to pay entrance, membership dues of international organizations;
- payments connected with inheritance;
- in case leaving abroad for permanent residence;
- to pay costs on work, grants, alimony, national assistance, assistance of relatives, charity payments and compensations including recovery of damage caused by workers as the result of injury, professional illness or other health problem connected with performance of work duties, victims of political repressions, victims of Nazi persecution, members of their families and heirs, insurance cases recovery, premiums, prizes, inherited funds, funds on gift agreements, funds caved on accounts and retained profit on them;
- on payment of author’s emoluments, premium, prizes and other payments for usage of objects of right of intellectual property of individuals;
- pursuant to the sentences, decisions, regulations and regulations of the court investigators and other legal authorities.
- To perform the transfer the individual has to provide the following documents:
- Payment order or application to transfer cash or the document relevant to payment system to transfer funds;
- Passport or the document that substitutes;
- Documents confirming necessity to transfer funds outside Ukraine (hereinafter confirming documents).
Confirming documents for individuals – residents are the agreements (contracts), invoices, letters with calculations or information letters of the legal entities non residents, authorized bodies of foreign countries, letters of attorneys or notaries of foreign countries, claims, invitations, documents on family relations and other confirming documents to be used in international practice. Confirmation documents (except on family documents) have to contain such requisites: full name and location of the receiver, name of the bank and requisites of the account to transfer funds on, currency, amount to be paid, purpose of payment.
For individuals non residents confirming documents are the documents that confirm cash source.
Confirming documents printed from Internet are not allowed.
Official documents that were issued on the territory of the foreign state have to be legalized and set in the order if pursuant to international agreements with participation of Ukraine otherwise is foreseen.
- To receive the transfer the individual has to provide to the bank the following documents:
- Application on cash receiving or document established by relevant payment system to receive the transfer;
- Passport or the document that substitutes.
- Documents to provide and receive transfers have to contain obligatorily requisites, pursuant to norm – legal act of NBU, which regulates the order of cash documents.
- If the payment of transfer that entered in foreign currency is performed on client’s desire (on the basis of his document) in Hryvnia, the bank performs transfer in foreign currency in Hryvnia on the bank rate active on the time of operation.
- Transfer by individual – resident or non resident inside Ukraine in foreign currency and transfer by non resident inside Ukraine in foreign currency on current account in foreign currency or from the current account in foreign currency and transfer by non resident national currency on current account in national currency or from the current account in national currency in accordance with regime of these accounts pursuant to norm – legal act of NBU, which stipulates the accounts order using.
- Transfer without account opening inside Ukraine to pay it in cash without entering current account on instruction of individual resident and non resident is performed by the bank exclusively in national currency.
- Commission charge for sending and payment of transfer is charged only in Hryvnia.
The Regulations do not apply the transfers, connected with entrepreneur activity of the individuals.
Foreign currency transfers outside Ukraine and inside Ukraine on Power of Attorney and in favour of individuals
- Meeting the requirements of these Regulations individuals – residents able to perform transfers in foreign currency outside Ukraine:
- In amount that in equivalent does not exceed 15 000 Hryvnia in one operational (working) day, - from the current account in foreign currency or without its opening (on client’s wish) without confirming documents;
- In amount, that in equivalent exceeds 15 000 Hryvnia in one operational (working) day, - only from current account in foreign currency pursuant to the confirming documents.
- In case of leaving abroad for permanent residence the citizens able to perform transfers outside Ukraine in foreign currency from own current accounts without limits of amount. The basis for the transfers mentioned above is the provision of a passport of the Ukrainian citizen to leave abroad (for entities without citizenship – the id document) with mark for permanent residence with name of the country he leaves. Copies of the passport pages or the id document with surname, name, patronymic name (if any) and mark on leave for permanent residence, are saved in bank day files.
- It is allowed for individuals non residents without opening in foreign currency current accounts to transfer outside Ukraine an amount that does not exceed in equivalent 15 000 Hryvnia in one operational (working) day pursuant to the documents that confirm foreign currency source.
- Foreign currency transfers outside Ukraine from current accounts of individuals – non residents are performed without amount limits.
- Entering the current accounts of individuals – residents and non residents from abroad and next payment from these accounts are performed without amount limits.
- Foreign currency, transferred abroad in favour of individual – resident and non resident to be paid in cash without account opening can be paid to the receiver in one operational (working) day in the amount not exceeding in equivalent 50 000 Hryvnia. If amount of transfer (transfers) that entered in one operational (working) day, exceeds in equivalent 50 000 Hryvnia, the bank included such transfer (transfers) in full amount on the current account in foreign currency of the receiver.